The English School invites applicants for the role of IT Systems Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Bursar and be responsible for the optimum performance of ICT facilities and continuity of service, both for administrative and curriculum use.
The successful candidate will have:
- Recognised IT qualification such as MSCE, A+, N+, MCSA
- Prior Google Workspace administration experience
- Willingness and adaptability in tackling the variety of tasks arising in a school environment
- The ability to be accurate and methodical
- The ability to work independently
- Problem solving skills
- Prior experience
- Exceptional English skills
The job description includes but is not limited to:
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs
- Plan, develop and implement school wide ICT projects; obtaining competitive prices from suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness of implemented technologies
- Schedule upgrades and secure backups of hardware and software systems
- Research and install new systems in line with school’s IT Development Plan
- Guarantee the smooth running of all ICT systems, including but not limited to anti-virus software, print services, VoIP, Wi-Fi and email platforms
- Secure data from internal and external attack
- Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems
- Mentor and train new ICT support staff
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies
- Provide advice, suggestions and implement future proofing assurances of technologies introduced in the school
- Introduce, maintain and liaise with relevant staff members regarding school ICT related policy documentation
- Provide day to day maintenance of school-wide network ensuring optimal performance and availability
- Oversee development and maintenance of accurate inventory of all IT equipment
- Administer User Directory, email, school MIS and other related user groups and accounts ensuring appropriate access rights
- Oversee installation, configuration and maintenance all client software applications as necessary
- Monitor and protect against viruses, spam and malware across the school.
- Implement all applicable server, client and appliance software patches and critical fixes and OS version upgrades.
- Create, maintain and ensure the integrity and validity of data backups and methodology in use
- Ensure internal and external system wide security (password protection, shares protection, system policies, profiles, firewall rules, monitoring software)
- Liaise with ISP, SaaS providers and other third party IT related suppliers to ensure optimal performance of Internet access and IT systems
- Maintain accurate record of all school software and SaaS licenses, including the IT asset registry and all projectors
- To be on hand / available or contactable during “holidays” in the event or a crisis situation and/or to complete essential tasks that cannot be performed during regular working hours.
- Mange departmental budget
- Develop, aid in the development of, and deliver staff training material.
- Oversee the IT Support Ticketing system to ensure prompt repairs to all IT equipment
- Troubleshoot and supervise the trouble-shooting and repair of school servers, PC’s, peripherals, network equipment, etc.
- Schedule perform preventative maintenance on all IT hardware across the school
- Oversee the records of all equipment sent for repair
- Offering users appropriate support and advice
The closing date for applications is March 7, 2021.
Interviews: Suitable candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible after an application is received. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to respond quickly in order to avoid disappointment.
The position is full time from 1st August 2021 and the successful candidate will need to be available for handover before the end June.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children - successful applicants will be subject to relevant Child Protection and reference checks.